Sep 26, 2010

Keisei "SkyLiner" - Narita Sky Access

Last week, I had chance to take new Airport Access train in between Tokyo and Narita Airport. Usually I'm driving to there either to work at Airport or fly out from the Airport but this time I wanted to take train to see newly, just opened line.
Actually this is great improvement. You may not able to believe it but it used to to be take around one hour or more by Airport Access train from Tokyo downtown.  You can imagine,,, you take 13hrs flight and 1hour for passing CIQ then walk to the station with your luggage then 1hour to Tokyo. To me, it was not appropriate design for country's gateway airport, if Japan still saying the Narita is the one.
Back to the new access line, it has fastest speed of servicing train lines in Japan except bullet trains of course. Time to/from Airport has been reduced to 36mins to 40mins something. Ticket price got higher than before a bit but still around US$28.

Station got renovated.

     





















Cars are of course brand new and very modern looking.






















I noticed that every cars has LCD at each ends and can see where you are now and also sometime, you can enjoy cockpit view. lol































Well, I'm going to fly out from there to Hawaii again on Oct.8th but I drive to there instead of this train... don't want walk to the station with my luggage and up and down stations stairs. haha.

No comments: